Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day with my ♥'s

It never fails: every year that we have our Mother's Day get-together the weather is always absolutely bea-u-ti-ful!  May not only brings Mother's Day and beautiful weather, but it also brings fresh strawberries.  I decided to go pick some at a local patch that I've been really wanting to check out.  Not only did I get about 2-3 lbs of strawberries for $6, but I also was able to find some really sweet and juicy ones!

What better way is there to celebrate the strawberry season than by making yummy strawberry-themed desserts? The first recipe that always comes to my mind is a great Strawberry Upside Down Cake recipe that I found on AllRecipes.com (surprise surprise, I know).  I decided to make this recipe for our Mother's Day lunch because everyone in my family LOVES strawberries and I just happened to have some fresh ones on hand!

YUM!  I know!  
Trust me, it's even more delicious than it looks!
Continue reading for pictures!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any and all comments, but please be polite to myself and others!