Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Camera Strap Cover

Final Product

I went to Joann’s yesterday to buy some material for another project, and they just happened to be having a great sale on fabrics! I wandered over to the clearance isle and this green zebra-stripped home decor fabric caught my eye. The home decor fabric was 50% off of the regular price of $9.99 per yard, so I snatched up a half of yard to use for a camera strap cover. I chose this fabric because it is a little more durable than regular cotton fabric.

I used Simply Modern Mom’s tutorial to create a basic cover that also included a small pocket for my lens cap. At first, I was going to attempt to try to make a strap that I had seen on one of I Heart Naptime’s Sunday Scoops that had ruffles on it (click here for picture), but I decided to stay simple with it so it wouldn’t be too difficult to add a pocket.

All-in-all, I’m very happy with the final product and my mother has already requested that I make one for her also! You can check out pictures of the process of putting it together after the jump.


IMG_3033
IMG_3038

IMG_3034

IMG_3039

IMG_3040
*Forgot to take pictures of cutting out the pocket*

DSC07242

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any and all comments, but please be polite to myself and others!